Friday, September 21, 2012

Goofy Rant of the day/week/month

Cell phones.  These blasted devices have completely changed the way we live; and I'm okay with that.  What I am not okay with is the way my carrier has teased and led me along when a new device - that will once again change the way I live - becomes "available".  I signed up to receive information when it was available, and further, when I could order this latest revolution.  What do I get instead?  Less sleep and still no phone.  (To be fair, I wanted the 32GB version and they were only offering the 16.) Waiting till midnight to pre-order a stupid phone is ridiculous; although not quite as silly as standing in line waiting to purchase one when they first become available in the store.

Either way, I'm the one who is a joke.  Why?  Why am I so concerned about this new device?  What is this going to add to my life?  Am I looking for a way to fit in or be hip or relevant or insert-your-favorite-buzzword-here?  I don't know.  I think I'm just frustrated with my old phone and it's perceived sluggishness.

But really, a phone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home